St John’s Church Summer Camp 2018
‘DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD – and he will give you the desires of your heart’ (Psalm 37v4)
Friday 29th June to Sunday 1st July
Church Camp is an annual family camp based close to Broadbridge Heath on a large plot of land known as “The Farm” which we are privileged to be able to use. There are masses of open space and woodland to make for a fun weekend. We put up a large marquee for the main meetings and people are encouraged to bring their own tents for a camping weekend. Or you can just pop along for the day or part of a day. Food, fun and fellowship.
Whether you are a regular at St John’s or just an occasional visitor, everyone is invited to escape and enjoy a weekend of fun and relaxation in the beautiful setting of Pondfield Farm.
You can either come and camp or just come and go…but whatever you do, come…for the whole weekend or just a part.
Make your way to the Welcome Tent for refreshments and further details of the day’s activities when you arrive.
What will it cost?
Following everyone’s generous giving on Camp Gift Day, we have covered some of the cost of the weekend. But if you missed the gift day and would like to contribute, please give your donation in an envelope to any of the Camp Team. Your contribution will help to cover a variety of costs including he marquee, bouncy castle, hire of the loos and some of the communal food.
What must I bring?
Tent (if camping!) and related gear; chairs, rugs/groundsheets, plate/cup/cutlery (labelled), food – hot & cold drinks all provided, baby wipes/antiseptic hand gel (no washing facilities!).
- under 12s in bed by 10.30pm
- under 18s in bed by 11.30pm
- adults very quiet by midnight
- please remember not to offer under 18s alcohol
What about food?
Our mealtimes will be important times of fellowship – both for those who are camping and those who come up each day. We have therefore planned hte menu below in whch everyone is encouraged to participate.
Teams of people will be preparing each meal and we will ask for volunteers to help when you arrive. Some items will be bought for everyone but we also ask that you bring along a contribution for each meal in which you plan to participate. Just pick something from the list below to bring along and share.
It would obviously be helpful if families could bring a selection of items but nobody is expected to bring something of everything!
- Friday evening – please bring desserts, eg cheesecake, etc. We will provide sauce and fish & chips (pre-ordered and pre-paid via Julia Robertson)
- Saturday breakfast – please bring fruit juice, yoghurts, cereals. We will provide croissants, milk, butter, preserves
- Saturday lunch (buffet) – please bring tinned tuna, eggs, salad, tomatoes, and cold meats. We will provide french bread and mayo
- Afternoon tea – please bring lots of yummy cake
- Saturday supper (BBQ) – please bring sausages. burgers, veggie option, green salad and tomatoes. We will provide buns, couscous, salad dressing and sauce plus Choc Ices
- Saturday evening – please bring cheese and biscuits
- Sunday breakfast – please bring fruit juice, yoghurts and cereals. We will provide croissants, milk, butter, preserves
- Sunday lunch (ploughmans) – please bring cheese, crisps, cucumber, tomatoes and fruit. We will provide French bread, butter and pickles
- Other general items – please bring fruit, crisps, biscuits and liquid refreshments. We will provide milk, team, coffee, hot chocolate, squash
What do I do next?
It would help the planning team to know how many people to expect for certain sessions during the weekend for the meals and the Task teams to recruit their members.
Please complete the form available at the back of church or request a form by email – contact Amy Bagshaw firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 10th June.