Our vision is that every child at St Johns will come to know the love of Jesus for themselves and choose to walk with Him. We believe that our children are part of the church of today and we aim to help each one to explore and discover their gifts. We aim to walk with them as they grow in understanding and in faith.
Groups for all ages
Jesus is the Light of the World and we are called to reflect that light. So all of our children’s group have a “light” theme.
On the 1st Sundays of the month we have Café Church so there are no groups. On 5th Sundays there is an all age service so there are no groups (except for Sparklers if needed). Otherwise, groups meet as follows:
Sparklers (creche) – Ages 0 to 2
- When: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sundays (and 5th Sundays if needed)
- What we do: Lots of playing and singing!
Flames – Age 3 to Year R
- When: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sundays
- What we do: We learn about God’s love for us all through Bible Stories, craft and other fun activities. We share a small snack during the group time
Beacons – Years 1 to 3 & Lasers – Years 4 to 6
- When: 2nd and 3rd Sundays of the month. On 4th Sundays it is Ignite
- What we do: We seek to encourage friendships with one another and with Jesus through fun and games, art, music, sharing and prayer.
Beacons and Lasers currently meet as one group and divide when appropriate
Ignite – Years 1 to 6
- When: 4th Sundays. 10.30am straight into the hall
- What we do: Ignite focuses on relationships. We use scripture, drama, art, music, small groups, food, drink, and quiet times to connect with the One who loves us and with each other. And it’s lots of fun!
“Kinderoo” – This Mums and Toddler group meets in the hall from 10:00-11:30 and has a link to the County and includes a fortnightly clinic with a health visitor and a Mobile Library
Five fun-packed mornings of craft, music, and drama. Date to be confirmed.
Treasure and Treats Party
A fun and definitely-not-scary alternative to Halloween. Games, friendly dressing up, snacks, song and TREASURE.
Trips to the Farm
Relax with a drink as your children play in the open air. More info to come…
Keeping our children safe
St John’s operates a child protection system consistent with diocesan policy. All main group leaders are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.