Our vision is that every child at St Johns will come to know the love of Jesus for themselves and choose to walk with Him. We believe that our children are part of the church of today and we aim to help each one to explore and discover their gifts. We aim to walk with them as they grow in understanding and in faith.
Groups for all ages
Jesus is the Light of the World and we are called to reflect that light. So all of our children’s group have a “light” theme.
John chapter 8 verse 12: When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
Matthew chapter 5 verse 14: “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden”.
On 1st Sundays there is an all age service at 10.30am and on 5th Sundays of the month we have Café Church, with a relaxed start from 9.30am, concluding around 11.30am. There are no groups on these Sundays. Otherwise, groups gather shortly after the start of the 1030 service as follows:
Sparklers (Age 0-2)
- A soft-mat creche facility is available at the back of church for this age group. The group may resume after the summer.
Flames (Age 3 to Year R)
- When: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Sundays
- What we do: We learn about God’s love for us all through Bible Stories, craft and other fun activities.
Beacons – Years 1 to 3 & Lasers – Years 4 to 6
- When: 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sundays of the month.
- What we do: We seek to encourage friendships with one another and with Jesus through fun and games, art, music, sharing and prayer.
Beacons and Lasers currently meet as one group and divide when appropriate
“Kinderoo” – This Mums and Toddler group meets in the hall from 10:00-11:30 and has a link to the County and includes a fortnightly clinic with a health visitor and a Mobile Library
Keeping our children safe
St John’s operates a child protection system consistent with diocesan policy. All main group leaders are subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.